- Consolidated revenue reported at Rs. 2,456 crores for the quarter ended September 30, 2012.
- Consolidated profit before tax and before foreign exchange fluctuation impact for the quarter was Rs. 14 crores.
- Revenue from Computer Systems business for the quarter was Rs. 760 crores.
- Profit before interest, taxes & foreign exchange fluctuation impact for Computer Systems business for the quarter was Rs. 11 crores.
- Revenue from Telecommunication and Office Automation business for the quarter was Rs. 1696 crores
- Profit before interest, taxes for Telecommunication and Office Automation business for the quarter was Rs. 37 crores.
- The HCL Infosystems and Nokia distribution partnership witnessed robust growth even as the company became the No.1 distributor for Nokia worldwide in H2 2011.
HCL Infosystems India’s premier Services, ICT System Integration, Hardware and Distribution Company today announced its financial results for the first quarter ending September 30th 2012.
Key updates and Quarter Snapshot
- Computer Systems segment registered strong growth across different verticals:
- The company was awarded one of the largest IT contract ever for the Managed Service Provider (MSP) from UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India).
- In the BFSI segment, the company bagged a significant order for Corporation Bank for Automated Data Flow with HCLs BancScan. Also Financial Inclusion order from Rajasthan Gramin Bank and Performance Management System order from RBI were gained by the business
- The Manufacturing, Retail and Oil vertical won important orders from IOCL and HMSI
- The company’s services business initiatives gained considerable ground with new wins in IMS (Infrastructure management Services) and Cloud offerings. In IMS several new customers in the enterprise and government verticals were added. The company has also realigned its relevant workforce and processes to create an overall robust delivery organization in this space.
- The cloud computing business also added new customers such as ABC Limited, Munkey and National Board of Accreditation. The Cloud business also extended its offerings by launching Disaster Recovery as a Service and also established a new partnership with Sanovi.
- HCL Infosystems MEA, the company’s subsidiary based out of Dubai won major orders from Etisalat BTO, Gems Education, Qatar International Bank and Abu Dhabi Police. Also HCL Insys Pte. Limited (Singapore) a wholly owned subsidiary of HCL Infosystems bagged IMS contracts from 10 prestigious Government agencies. The RIM (Remote Infrastructure Management) centre in Singapore became completely operational
- As part of new technologies developed in the company’s Jaipur Development Center (JDC), new functionalities were introduced in BancMate CBS, BancMate FI, HRMate, BancScan among others. These new functionalities include developing Retail Lending Module, Online Transaction on laptop using finger print authentication, implement GIS integration with CRM etc. Products such as HrMate, eVitran, BancScan enabled the company to win new customers such as NBA (National Board of Accreditation), Punjab National Bank and Corporation Bank.
- The Mobility Business of the company also achieved very high YoY revenue growth. The Mobility business recently did a successful global launch of a new addition to the tablet range – ME TAB G1 in Dubai and in the Middle East market. The business has increased the estimated unit market share from 12% to 18% in the quarter. The business also chalked new partnerships with Spice, Croma, TMS, Sangeetha, Univercell and Poorvika among others. The business also successfully integrated peripherals on the ME tablets such as printers, barcode scanner, smart card reader and biometrics for its enterprise offerings. For businesses Market Survey and Fine Dining applications has been introduced while for consumers, apps like The Times of India, The Economic Times, BigFlix, Ibibo and WeChat were also pre-embedded on the tablets
- The Company also launched the first HCL Ultrabook based on third generation Intel processors. Also two new laptops – HCL ME 1055 and 1065 on Intel 3rd Generation Platform has been launched. In the server category the business won several major orders from SBI for FY 12-13, making its strong presence felt in the BFSI segment
- The business is also successfully tapping into the SMB/SME server market. High End workstation solutions on Nvidia Quadro platform are being built to target high potential untapped markets. There was also a Successful Launch of Intel 3rd Generation platform on Desktops.
- The Learning Business has been registering good growth and some of the educational institutes across the country where HCL Learning partnered this quarter were – Smt. J.B. Khot High School , Maharashtra, Kamaraj Matriculation Higher Secondary and Dawn School, both from Tamil Nadu.HCL CDC (Career Development Centre) introduced tablets for students (bundled with course content). Courses on Mobile application development in ILT (Instruction Led Training) and online mode have also been introduced
- The Distribution Business added many new partners such as Dell, Lexmark, JBL, Omron, DeLonghi, Norton and Supertooth. The business also launched Power+ brand of accessories
- The company’s OA Business won over 20 new customers, 12 of which were major orders including a significant one from Prasar Bharti. The business focused on expanding and bolstering its channel and conducted a National Channel Partner Meet in September 2012
- HCL Care won new clients such as Philips and RIM (Research in Motion). The business introduced Avaya Solution which was implemented in the Global Contact Centre and PC manager Solutions for global customers.
- New Services launched under HCL Care were Multi Brand Break Fix Services and Set-Top box Repair Services
About HCL Infosystems
HCL Infosystems Ltd. with revenue (LTM) of US$ 1.9 billion (Rs 10,486 crores) is India’s Premier Technology Company and offers a wide spectrum of IT Services and Products ranging from Cloud to Learning Solutions. As a complete IT solutions provider the company offers comprehensive offerings in Enterprise Application Services, IT Infrastructure Managed Services, System Integration, Office Automation Products and Services, Distribution and Support Services. The company operates in both the Consumer and the Enterprise space – offering the latest Mobility and Computing products and operating in verticals like BFSI, Telecom, and Healthcare respectively.
HCL Care, the support and service division of the company has one of the largest and most extensive service networks across the country and provides end to end support services for various IT, Telecom and Consumer Electronics products.HCL Infosystems has one of the largest distribution network of digital lifestyle global brands and an unparalleled robust service network in the country including Tier 2 and 3 cities. Digilife Distribution and Marketing Services (DDMS), a 100% subsidiary of HCL Infosystems focuses on multi brand distribution and offers value added distribution for its partners including strategic consulting services, last mile connect and support in marketing and promotions. HCL Learning a division of the company covers the entire spectrum of education and training requirements across schools, colleges, individuals and enterprises and offers rich learning solutions across these segments. HCL Infosystems MEA (Middle East and Africa), a fully owned subsidiary of HCL Infosystems is part of the emerging markets outreach of the company and focuses on expanding the business in the Middle East and African geographies and provides comprehensive IT solutions to customers across verticals in the region. The company also has robust operations in Singapore with its subsidiary HCL Insys Pte. Ltd gaining traction in the region with its Enterprise solutions including a strong offering in Infrastructure Managed Services.
For more information please visit us at www.hclinfosystems.com
HCL is a $6.2 billion leading global technology and IT enterprise comprising two companies listed in India – HCL Technologies and HCL Infosystems. Founded in 1976, HCL is one of India’s original IT garage start-ups. A pioneer of modern computing and a transformational enterprise, HCL’s diverse range of hardware and software offerings span a wide array of focused industry verticals. The HCL team consists of 90,000 professionals of diverse nationalities, who operate from 31 countries including over 500 points of presence in India. For more on HCL, please visit www.hcl.com