- Consolidated revenue reported at Rs. 2,726 crores for the quarter, taking the revenues for the year to Rs. 10,840 crores.
- Consolidated profit before tax and foreign exchange fluctuation impact was Rs. 36 crores for the quarter, taking the profit before tax and foreign exchange fluctuation impact for the year to Rs. 150 crores.
- Revenue from Computer Systems business for the quarter was Rs. 1,017 crores, taking the revenues for the year to Rs. 3,329 crores.
- Segment profits before foreign exchange fluctuation impact for Computer Systems business for the quarter was Rs. 26 crores, taking the segment profits before foreign exchange fluctuation impact for the year to Rs. 46 crores.
- Revenue from Telecommunication and Office Automation business for the quarter was Rs. 1,744 crores, taking the revenues for the year to Rs. 7,531.4
- Segment profits for Telecommunication and Office Automation business for the quarter was Rs. 22 crores, taking the segment profits for the year to Rs. 156 crores.
- Strong free cash flow from operations generated during quarter and financial year ended June 30, 2012
- The HCL Infosystems and Nokia distribution partnership witnessed positive movement as there was an increase in market share in the quarter.
- During the year, the Company has paid interim dividends aggregating to Rs. 3/- per fully paid equity share of Rs. 2/- each.
HCL Infosystems India’s premier IT Services, ICT System Integration, Hardware and Distribution Company today announced its financial results for its quarter and financial year ended June 30th 2012.
Mr. Harsh Chitale, Chief Executive Officer, HCL Infosystems Limited, commenting on the results said, “A challenging economic environment coupled with issues like rupee depreciation, slow movement in contracts under execution, rise in input costs due to natural calamities have all impacted our business in the last financial year. However our transformation story is gaining ground and there are lot of movements in our focussed business areas, from our emerging global markets to our services business. So as HCL Infosystems begins its new year, I am confident that our transformation strategy which is already showing results will further create newer growth paths for the organisation”.
Key Updates and Quarter Snapshot
- As a part of the enterprise business, company recorded a major win with HCL Infosystems being awarded one of the largest IT contract ever for the Managed Service Provider (MSP) from UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India).
- HCL Infosystems as a part of a special purpose company which also includes Larsen & Toubro and Tata Power Co. has been successfully selected for the design and development phase for the Tactical Communication System by the Ministry of Defence, Government of India. HCLI will take part in the first of a kind make project in the Indian Defence Industry whereby a prototype of the communication system will be developed.
- In the BFSI segment the company achieved a YoY growth of 12%. Major orders bagged by the business included Syndicate Bank, Central Bank of India, Axis Bank and HDFC Bank.
- Under the IT Services and System Integration business the company bagged significant orders from new clients such as Ranbaxy, Pidilite, Reliance, Toshiba JSW, GAIL Gas among others. The business also grew respective engagements in existing accounts such as BHEL, IOCL, Sun Pharma and others. The above included IMS (Infrastructure Management Services) deals with Ranbaxy, Sun Pharma, Pidilite and IOCL and an EAS engagement with Reliance Industries.
- The company’s Office Automation (OA) Business partnered with Cisco WebEx for a first of a kind national market outreach in India.
- Our cloud computing business also registered robust growth of more than a 1000% increase YoY. The business gained new customers such as National Board of Accreditation, Narayana Hrudayalaya (SAP Hosting), Sarvodaya Coop Bank and Vaish Coop Bank. A new partnership as a CA Managed Service Provider was forged. The Cloud business also was chosen as a strategic technology partner by Narayana Hrudayalaya (NH) Hospitals whereby HCL blu Enterprise Cloud’s Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) solution is being deployed across 22 NH hospitals. This is also the first of its kind instance in India where the Hospital Information Systems (HIS) application for a hospital is completely deployed on the cloud.
- The Consumer Computing business launched Beanstalk series AIO PC and Smart Series 1044 Laptop as part of Consumer Computing 2012. These products are packed with unique features and innovations, designed to suit diverse technology requirements of modern times.
- The HCL Learning Business registered robust growth as the number of classrooms enabled by digi-school solutions saw a huge growth – there was a 269% YoY growth in the number of classrooms. There was also an 8% market share increase for the business and a jump of 74% QoQ in new school additions. The business also launched a new service – Learn on Cloud which is a self learning portal for students and offers courses like JAVA, Chip Designing, Mobile Application Development etc.
Some of the major orders won by HCL Learning include Bethlahem Matric & Hr. Sec School, Kanyakumari, Delhi Public School, Sushant Lok, Gurgaon, Saveetha University, Chennai and Victorius Kidss Educares, Pune. A major development for the Learning Business in this quarter has been the acquisition of Edurix, a part of Attano Media and Education Private Ltd. by which the in-house content capability of the business would be further strengthened.
- The Mobility Business achieved robust growth and registered more than 2000% YoY growth. The business also has increased its market share to 15% in the Tablet market. The business has been planning to launch a range of tablets across all price points in the value segment. Recently the HCL ME Y2 Tab was launched which is 3G enabled and has an in-built SIM slot for Voice Calling.
- The Board of Directors of the Company has, in its meeting on 26th June 2012 subject to the approval of the shareholders approved transfer of Company’s Computing Products Manufacturing and Channel Business (which includes the manufacturing and the trading undertaking) to a wholly owned subsidiary.
This step will enable the company to have a sharper focus on this business, streamline operations and bring in better economies of scale in a rapidly evolving computing technology market.
- Our Middle East business, HCL Infosystems MEA, the company’s wholly owned subsidiary won major orders from NITI Distributors Ltd., RAK Ceramics, Mashraf Al Rayan, BDL Gulf FZCO, Emirates Airlines, Etisalat, Fly Dubai, Dubai Health Authority (DHA), GEMS Education among others. The HCL Infosystems Middle East business grew by 76% over the previous quarter. The company also undertook a strategic partnership with Consolidated Gulf Co. (CGC) in Qatar to further expand business in the region.
- The company also bought out the remaining 40% stake held by the NTS Group in HCL Infosystems MEA, making it a wholly owned subsidiary of HCL Infosystems Ltd. The company through its wholly owned subsidiary HCL Insys Pte. Ltd., Singapore has bought the stake in HCL Infosystems MEA FZCo. Following the transfer of shares, the FZCo shall be converted into a FZE (free zone establishment) owned solely by HCL Insys Pte. Ltd., Singapore.
- The company’s subsidiary in Singapore bagged a 5 years managed services engagement for providing Infrastructure Managed Service to multiple IDA agencies in Singapore.
- HCL Care, one of the key growth drivers of the transformation story in HCL Infosystems saw more than 100% YoY growth. The business also bagged Dell Printers as a new customer. In the Global Touch Business more than 6000 customers were added in the quarter. The business won a major order from RIM and has set up exclusive L1 and L2 customer care centres. HCL Care also introduced the Avaya Aura Contact Center Suite which enables organizations to deliver a differentiated end-to-end customer experience across all forms of contact.
The business also launched Techgear branded accessories in February 2012. Also HCL Care launched three new services in AMC/Warranty Extension for HCL Computing products in January 2012 – Standard, Premium and Total Care. Also integrated end to end Service Model for OEMs were also launched – Contact Centre, Repair Factory, Field and SCM.
- There were also significant developments in the company’s Jaipur Development Center in the last quarter – products developed by CDC like CBS and HRMate enabled the business to win new customers such as The Vaish Cooperative Bank, Delhi, The Sarvodya Nagrik Sahkari Bank Ltd., Gujarat and National Board for Accreditation. The Centre also made a few technological innovations such as making BancMate CBS and FI Product compatible with Open Source Technologies. Also competencies were developed in technologies such as Rabbit MG, Mule, Mango DB, Hadoop and Spring Framework among others for a huge nation building project.The Centre also developed new products and solutions such as Business Continuity Product for Core Banking Systems, A Prototype of the New Pension Scheme, BancScan (BI Solution) with Automated Data Flow and Financial Inclusion Enrolment Application for Hand Held Terminals.
Awards and Accolades
- The Repair Facility of HCL Infosystems was rated as the best repair facility in the world by NOKIA Corporation with 4 & ½ star rating during Global Supplier Assessment 2012
- Accreditation of Repair Facility-Nokia Operation for ISO 14001:2004 Environment Management Standard was achieved
- The company’s Multi-Brand Repair Facility achieved ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management System
- HCL Learning bagged the Public Choice Award for the ‘Best Tablet Providers in Education’ for My EduTab at the World Education Awards 2012, held recently as part of the World Education Summit in New Delhi. HCL’s My EduTab received the maximum votes from the people and emerged as the winner amongst competition by a huge margin of public votes.
About HCL Infosystems
HCL Infosystems Ltd, with revenue (LTM) of US$ 2.0 billion (Rs 10,840 crores) is India’s premier hardware, services and ICT systems integration company offering a wide spectrum of ICT products that includes Computing, Storage, Networking, Security, Telecom, Imaging and Retail. HCL is a one-stop-shop for all the ICT requirements of an organisation. India’s leading System Integration and Infrastructure Management Services Organisation, HCL has specialised expertise across verticals including Telecom, BFSI, eGovernance & Power. HCL has India’s largest distribution and retail network, taking to market a range of Digital Lifestyle products in partnership with leading global ICT brands, including Apple, Cisco, Ericsson, Kingston, Kodak, Konica Minolta, Microsoft, Nokia, Toshiba, and many more. HCL today has India’s largest vertically integrated computer manufacturing facility with over three decades of electronic manufacturing experience & HCL desktops is the largest selling brand into the enterprise space. With India’s largest ICT services network that reaches to every corner of India, HCL’s award winning Support Services makes it the preferred choice of enterprise and consumers, alike. For more information please visit us at www.hclinfosystems.in
HCL is a $6.2 billion leading global technology and IT enterprise comprising two companies listed in India – HCL Technologies and HCL Infosystems. Founded in 1976, HCL is one of India’s original IT garage start-ups. A pioneer of modern computing, HCL is a global transformational enterprise today. Its range of offerings includes product engineering, custom & package applications, BPO, IT infrastructure services, IT hardware, systems integration, and distribution of information and communications technology (ICT) products across a wide range of focused industry verticals. The HCL team consists of over 90,000 professionals of diverse nationalities, who operate from 31 countries including over 500 points of presence in India. HCL has partnerships with several leading global 1000 firms, including leading IT and technology firms. For more information, please visit www.hcl.com